Cuebiq is Italy’s only true Big Data product company: we gather, analyze, engineer and visualize 4 billion GPS positions per day, with the mission of providing unique business insights and offline analytics to our clients through our SAAS Platform, Clara.
We are an élite team of young, passionate, talented and friendly data professionals. As our Big Data Engineer you will design, implement and maintain processes and algorithms for ingesting, analyzing and serving large volumes of geolocation data.
Hence, you (our ideal candidate) are an Engineer seeking new challenges: nowhere else in Italy will you be given the opportunity to solve problems on such a Big (Data) scale! On top of this, you must be delivery-oriented and with a strong technical background.
- Build and maintain pipelines and architectures for stream and batch processes;
- Collaborate with data architects and data scientists to design and build analytic systems that are correct, scalable, reliable, and accurate;
- Analyze large datasets to allow for data driven design;
- Understand product and target use cases;
- 2-3 years (or more) of experience developing products in the data/analytics/graphing space
- Deep understanding of data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, machine learning, and statistical methods
- Expert-level knowledge of Java and the JVM platform (further languages running on JVM are welcome)
- Experience with version control systems such as Git, SVN, Mercurial. We use Git.
- At ease with industry standard software development tools (IDEs, etc.)
- English professional proficiency
We’re also looking for:
- A hunger for coding
- The ability to say no — and to explain why
- Excellent English (we work a lot with the New York office)
- Experience working in a distributed organization (again, New York!)
- Excellent people skills, with a positive and collaborative approach
- Results driven mentality
The perks we offer:
- If you’re like us, we know you’ll enjoy having a generous learning budget; smart working; a super casual office environment with a fully stocked kitchen, games, lounge area.
- You’ll also be excited by our international annual company retreats – this year we’re at the Bahamas. Also, you’ll get to travel with us: around Milan, with our free yearly ATM pass and, maybe, back and forth from our New York office.
- Plus the serious stuff your parents and your family will ask about: health insurance for yourself and next of kin.